Ignacio Vázquez Orta
Ignacio Vázquez Orta (PhD) is Full Professor in the Department of English and German Studies of the University of Zaragoza, where he teaches Applied Linguistics and Legal Translation. He has recently coordinated a research project on generic integrity in academic and professional communication though critical genre analysis and its correlation with the disciplinary cultures of different academic and professional communities and their discursive practices (2009-11). He is particularly interested in the study of the professional legal discourse. As a sworn translator, he is also interested in the translation of English legal documents into Spanish. He is currently coordinating a Master in the Translation of Specialized Texts.
1. Ignacio Vázquez Orta and Diana Giner. 2012. “Contrastive Study of International Commercial Arbitration Awards and Judgments: Intertextuality through Metadiscourse in action”. In Arbitration Awards: Generic Features and Textual Realizations (Vijay Bhatia, Giuliana Garzone, Chiara Degano (eds). Cambridge Publishing Scholars. Cambridge.
2. Ignacio Vázquez Orta. 2013. “Spanish law and International Commercial Arbitration”. In International Journal for the Semiotics of Law (en prensa).
3. Ignacio Vázquez Orta. 2010. “A Genre-based View of Judgments of Apellate Courts in the Common Law System: Intersubjective Positioning, Intertextuality and Interdiscursivity in the reasoning of Judges”. In Legal Discourses across Languages and Cultures: pp. 263-284. Peter Lang, Bern.
4. Lafuente Millán, Enrique, Pilar Mur Dueñas Los Sanz, Rosa e Ignacio Vázquez Orta. 2010. “Interpersonality in written academic discourse: three analytical perspectives”. En Lorés Sanz, R. et al. (eds). Constructing Interpersonality: Multiple perspectives on written academic genres. Cambridge Scholars Publishing: pp.13-39. Newcastle upon Tyne (Gran Bretaña)
5. Ignacio Vázquez Orta. 2010. "A contrastive analysis of the use of modal verbs in the expression of epistemic stance in Business Management research articles in English and Spanish". Ibérica nº 19, pp. 77-95.
6. Ignacio Vázquez Orta and Diana Giner. 2008. “Beyond Mood and Modality: Epistemic modality markers as hedges in research articles. A cross-disciplinary study”. Revista Alicantina de estudios Ingleses, nº 21: pp 171-190. Alicante.
7. Ignacio Vázquez Orta. 2006. “Nominalization in academic lectures: a corpus-based approach”. In Carmen Pérez-Llantada Auría (ed.) English as a gloCalization phenomenon: observations from a linguistic microcosm. pp. 131-151. Publicacions de la Universitat de Valencia. English in the World Series.
8. Ignacio Vázquez Orta. 2006. “Ideational Grammatical Metaphor as an interpersonally-driven system in Judgments”. In Salazar, J. Amengual, M. y Juan, M. (eds.) Usos sociales del lenguaje y aspectos psicolingüísticos: perspectivas aplicadas: pp. 273-289. Publicaciones de la Universitat des Illes Balears